9 Steps to Confident Goal Setting
What do you want to accomplish in 2011? Are you confident that these goals are what you really want to achieve? or are they what you think you should achieve?
This step-by-step formula will help you identify your true goals and keep you motivated & confident in achieving what you want in 2011.
1. The time is now:
Successful goal achievement starts with proper planning so ensure you devote adequate time to this process.
- Start now
- Devote adequate time
2. Set clearly defined goals:
- Take time to think what you really want in each area of your life and make your goals measurable and time-bound.
- “I want to lose weight” it’s a wish, not a goal. “I want to lose 5kgs by March 1st” is a goal.
3. Make sure the goal belongs to you:
Make sure your goals are truly yours and not just society or family ‘shoulds’ you have internalized. Ask yourself:
- What will be the benefit of achieving your goal?
- Who is this goal for?
- What difference will its achievement make to your life?
- What will your life look like when you achieve this goal?
- Do you feel excited & motivated to achieve your goal? If not, then ask yourself if this goal is truly yours or imposed by your environment.
Take an audit of where you are now and how far you need to go to achieve your goal. Ask yourself:
- What is happening now?
- What have you done already?
- What were the results?
- What has worked in the past? Replicate these in the options & strategy stage.
- What has stopped you before? What actions can you take to overcome this in the future?
Time for some fun! Think of all the different actions you could take to achieve your goal. Come up with as many options as you can. The following questions will help you. The more options you come up with the better strategy you will have.
- What could you do to move one step closer to your goal?
- What would you do if you didn’t have to explain to anyone what you are doing?
- What would you do now if you felt confident in your success?
Time to put your options into a strategic, step-by-step plan.
- Look back at your answers from step 5.
- Pick one option to put into action immediately. This could be the easiest, the fastest or the one you just prefer to start with.
- Then look at the rest of your options and chose the ones you want to implement.
- Put everything into an action list.
- Make sure each action has a deadline.
- Continuous & consistent action is a must for the successful achievement of your goals.
- Ongoing effort is important in maintaining momentum, a sense of purpose & a positive attitude.
8. Ask for help:
Don’t be afraid to reach out for help.
- Could anyone else be involved in this? How?
- Who could help you move forward?
- Who could be your biggest champion?
9. Continuous Self-Development:
“To have more, you must first be more” W.V.Goethe, German Philosopher
- Investing in yourself and your constant development is crucial part of moving forward in the direction of your dreams.
- Dedicate yourself to lifelong learning & development.
- Put your learning into action as quickly as you can.
- Practise a confident mindset every day.
I would love to hear from you:
Please write your comments below or email me your questions and successes.
Do you want to utilize your unique potential?
Are you ready to take yourself to the next level of success?
Claim your complimentary session today by email
or call me at +44-7706699830 (London) or +357-99477749 (Cyprus)
© 2011 Confidence Inside Out
Want to use this article on your website or your own ezine?
You can as long as you use the following blurb with it:
Confidence Inside Out helps individuals & organizations succeed by helping them build a confident interior & exterior foundation they can depend on. Our innovative combination of Confidence Coaching & Image Consulting helps you feel & look Confident all day, every day. Get our FREE weekly articles & advise at www.confidenceinsideout.com